With the big day only 3 days away I want to share with you my favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe that is always a huge hit with my family every year. I know the grocery stores sell a million pre made pumpkin pie’s but there is nothing like the real thing! Without further a due here’s how to make the best pumpkin pie I have ever tried.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
1 3/4 c canned pumpkin puree
3/4 firmly packed golden brown sugar
2/3 c cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/2 c half-and-half (half cream)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground allspice plus extra for garnish
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
Whipped cream for serving
1. Position rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
4. Add in the half-and-half, vanilla, ginger and 1/2 tsp allspice, cinnamon, cloves and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
5. Pour the filling into the pie shell.
6. Place pie in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake until the filling is evenly but not firmly set. About 35 minutes longer for a total baking time of about 50 minutes. Check the pie 10 minutes before it is ready and cover the crust with aluminum foil if it is browning too fast.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature before serving. Cut pie into wedges and serve with whipped cream.
*Recipe courtesy of William Sonoma